Find Restaurants & Cafes in Amman
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Amman - Jordan
Doha - Qatar
Dubai - UAE
Wox and Company
1 year ago
3 Advisor(s) clapped for it,
Branch: Abdoun & Deir Ghbar
A couple of days ago, my wife and I headed to check out the new Wox and Company.
The new place is very nicely designed, fun and modern. We sat down in the non-smoking section which is equally as big as the smoking section, unlike in other places where they through non-smokers in a small secluded area ;)...nicely designed and easy to navigate menu with a wide variety of Japanese, Chinese and Indian items.
Our very friendly waitress was very attentive all through the evening. Service was almost by the book, the greeting, the serving, the clearing of dishes, the bill, etc.
Now to the food, we ordered from the Chinese food selection, here is what we had and what we thought:
- Spring Rolls: the spring roll it-self is good, wished the piece was slightly bigger. The sauce with it was super tasty.
- Lollipop chicken: fun to eat sticks of bones with spiced chicken at one end of the bone, lightly breaded and fried, comes with soy sauce on the side to dip in. My wife like them, I thought they were good enough as the I tasted some slight hint of burn that over covered the taste of chicken.
- Mongolian Beef: rich of flavor, decent portion, good quality beef. We enjoyed it very much.
- Kung Pao Chicken: It was very good, but next time I will ask them to make it more chili as I barely tasted the chili kick in it ;) again decent portion, and good quality chicken cubes.
- Vegetable Noodles: well cooked thick noodles, not so full of taste when eaten alone, but I didn't mind it as I was mixing it with the main dishes.
Now here comes the bomb, the Toffee Banana, as full as we were from all of the above, my wife and I just wiped this dessert in no time. Big Banana pieces with a perfect batter, perfectly fried and steaming hot laying over a tasty toffee based sauce and served with vanilla ice cream. It was an absolute pleasure to eat. The only thing that can be improved in this dish is the quality of the ice cream, it was fluffy, airy ice cream that lacked the strong vanilla flavor that could seriously take the fried banana taste to another level.
All of the above totally 30 JDs + tax and service. Not bad at all.
Will be back again to try the Japanese and Indian dishes ;)..good job Wox
Know more about Wox and Company
The Roof is Back at Cantaloupe Gastropub
It's Sunny Side Up at Crepaway
Lunch Time Offer at Crepaway Taj Mall
View More News
Featured Restaurants Advice
Atay Cafe and Restaurant
worst experience ever, very slow service, they servie you argeeleh with unlit coal, you wait for the waiters forever to ...
I give up. I tried again: twice. Concept: order their absolute plain noodles, and cook up a soup of my own, plus try ...
Waffle House Cafe & Bakery
After finding out about this Waffle House my roommates and I have eaten there 3 times in 2 weeks. Our consensus is that ...
Just went to try the hot chocolate, have been before and it was closed. Well must say the hot chocolate was Devine and m ...
Asia @ Four Seasons
Returned on a Wednesday for the buffet. amazing amazing amazing what a night. We had awesome sushi, delicious fresh sala ...
Stay Connected With Mealadvisors
Add your restaurant
Restaurants in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Restaurants in Amman, Jordan
Restaurants in Doha, Qatar
Restaurants in Dubai, UAE